Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hodgepodge Den




I have very long and tall walls in my apartment. When I first moved in, I wanted to find a focal point for my den. I had several books, pictures, and trinkets that I needed to display. First, I thought back to homes that I had visited and what seemed memorable about them. There are plenty I could list and they definitely helped me get my creative juices flowing. Some had collages of wedding pictures while others displayed pictures of their art. I thought, why not make a entire wall full of all of the things that I love? Go big or go home, well I was already home but, you get the gist. By doing so, I was able to show items that reflect my personality as well as make the walls seem comfier and cozier. Here are a few pictures of my den.
How:
1. Lay out options of arrangements on the floor before hanging. With my pictures, I placed the two largest items in the middle and worked my way out.
2. The items have a type of triangle layout at the top and then form a square type design on the sides. I guess I would call the shape of this collage of items a trirectangle. Thus, I am able to describe my style by making up my own word for it. :) Just think of all the possibilities!
3. The wall shelves are from Target. The one in the middle is the longest one available there and the two on the sides are the medium size.
4. Play with color. I have this red couch that I am currently borrowing. Red is not my color. However, I did not let that hold me back from my display idea. I chose neutral brown and blue pillows for the couch in hopes of pulling the colors in the wall items down to the furniture.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment