Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Fashion Forward: The One and Only Miss Central Alabama




For the past several years, I have observed, coached, and styled women competing in numerous pageants across the state of Alabama. I haven't ever been a pageant type of girl although I do enjoy watching the trends of this part of the fashion world. Pageant fashion is and forever will be bold and glitzy. A pageant girl must follow the trends of the competition year and be able to stand out in a crowd. One of my dear friends, Rebecca Whitlow is competing in the Miss Alabama pageant this coming June. She holds the title of Miss Central Alabama. I have always loved Rebecca’s style and beauty as she keeps her wardrobe classic, tasteful, and of course, pageant appropriate. This past Saturday, I took pictures for her at her send-off party. We all had a great time seeing her outfits, having her answer questions, and performing her talent for us. I wanted to show you a couple of her outfits so you can get a taste of her classy style.

There are many things I love about Rebecca. Beyond her style and most importantly, she is genuine. These days, true gems competing in pageants are hard to find. As I spoke with her throughout the afternoon, I learned more and more about her dedication to serving our state. She has poured countless hours of her personal time into organizations that help children and adults across our great state. Her platform is Help Us Hear Alabama. It consists of goals to prevent and educate Alabama’s citizens about noise induced hearing loss. I love, love, love, her platform compared to many that I have seen because it is an issue that many people neglect. She has a personal connection to this cause making her efforts to support it even more influential. What more can Alabama ask for than a young woman with two architecture degrees, solid style, and a platform that reaches a variety of citizens?

I know some of you readers out there are avid Miss Alabama fans so, watch for Rebecca as she competes this year. Just look for classy outfits, beautiful blonde hair, and a flawless smile. Rebecca has become a solid candidate in this system and I cannot wait to see her again! I wish her all the best in the pageant and certainly, I will be there to cheer her to a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment