Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hot and Hot Fish Club




Hello, all! I hope your Tuesday was just splendid. For those of you that know me, I already know what you're thinking, "Faith, I thought you were allergic to seafood!?!?" Well, yes, this is true. I can't lie when I say that seafood looks absolutely amazing to me. I wish I could indulge but alas, it is hopeless. Nevertheless, there is a great restaurant right here in the great state of Alabama that brings the perfect combination of all foods of the southern sort. It is located in the heart of Birmingham and as you guessed, called the Hot and Hot Fish Club. I have eaten there a few times in the past and it is always a treat. A couple of weeks ago, I went there again with my mom for a late graduation/Mother's Day outing. Need I mention again that my mother and I are always exploring for delicacies below the Mason Dixon Line? I could spend hours talking about their accolades. This place is simply top notch. For my meal, I ordered the strip loin and it was divine. My mom had salmon. We also shared a basket of crispy fried okra and topped off our entrees with strawberry doughnuts and banana cake. I know our thighs thanked us accordingly. Everything about this restaurant is perfection. There is an intimate dining area that allows customers to see all of the cooking and preparation. In another corner, someone is slicing hot bread. There are window seats with quaint tables including khaki, black, and white tones for decor. The Hot and Hot will not disappoint, I promise. Their attention to detail is immaculate. I love sharing little gems hidden in the Heart of Dixie! If you ever have the chance to go to Birmingham, make sure to call ahead for reservations to this restaurant. You can even ask for a kitchen bar seat that will put you up close and personal to true southern culinary magic.
P.S. They also have a cookbook that I received the Christmas before last. I love it!
First photo courtesy of USA Today
http://www.hotandhotfishclub.com/?page_id=218

No comments:

Post a Comment