Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Buffalo and Blue Cheese


Every year, I attempt a Super Bowl spread for my favorite man. This year, I tried making wings for the first time, baked wings at that. Also, I made a Greek yogurt blue cheese dip, yum. I did not stick to one recipe for either item. I just mixed the best of all my internet findings. You guys know this is how I cook, by now! I don't love wings, but Billy does. I ate two and was up all night with heartburn, and these weren't even spicy! Still, worthwhile recipes to share.

For this platter you'll need:
Washed celery sticks
Fage 0% Greek Yogurt Plain, medium size
1 pack Ranch Original
2 lbs. wings
Blue cheese crumbles
A couple tablespoons low-fat sour cream
Small pat of butter
Frank's Buffalo Sauce
Salt
Pepper
Vegetable Oil

Directions:
1. Chop off wing section of the wing. Weird, I know.
2. Rinse wings.
3. Place on baking sheet and toss in veg oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Cook in oven on 400 for 40-50 minutes. No raw chicken here!
5. While wings are baking, make the dip.
          Combine Greek yogurt, Ranch, blue cheese crumbles, and sour cream. Mix, place in fridge.
6. Remove wings from oven, allow to cool for a few minutes.
7. Melt butter and add in buffalo sauce, I used about half the bottle.
8. Toss wings in sauce.
9. Place back in oven to warm up and adhere sauce to meat.
10. Baked, just as good as fried. Plus, you can eat an extra piece of fruit pizza! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment