Monday, January 17, 2011

A Reminder of You

Hello! Hope all of you had a blessed holiday season. Mine has been quite a roller-coaster experience to say the least. Over my holidays, there have been many ideas and suggestions for blog posts. It is quite a blessing to have so many avid readers. THANK YOU!! It was wonderful to have face to face encouragement as I saw numerous familiar faces. I am going to try to get to all of them as quickly as possible.

Today, lets stop, take a deep, deep breath, and pause. Pause to remember who we really are and what we really want the world to know about us. I want all of you to think about the impression you are giving off to the world, especially your physical impression. If you value yourself, why would you not try your best to show it? Remember, we are all one of a kind. We each have something to offer that belongs to no one else in the world. How many chances will any of us get to be 15, 21, 30, 42, 55, 72, or 89 ever again? The inner reward gained from self-respect is something we should all try to wholly achieve. By putting your best foot forward, you become the best version of yourself. People often forget themselves, which, makes others around them suffer. If you do not take care of yourself, how much are you REALLY living? Take the best care of yourself that your life will allow. TRY, TRY, TRY, this is often my mantra!

I was urged to write about this due to a recent occurance. Upon enjoying a romantic anniversary dinner at Dale’s in Florence, Alabama, one of the city’s premier dining attractions, I was in one of my particular observant modes. Now, do not get me wrong, I understand that all people do not place the same importance on fashion and their appearance as others. Nevertheless, refer to the soapbox paragraph above for my encouragement. Although I was having a splendid time with my wonderful boyfriend of seven years, I could not help but be somewhat distracted thinking of the others around me on New Year’s Eve. At the table, we even engaged in a deep discussion about the importance of the I and of the us. Sure, these people around us were enjoying a nice dinner, which is a blessing, but how in the moment were they? Did they leave their homes believing that they were truly valuable? Was their last look in the mirror filled with a pleasant thought? Did they think that the time they were spending with whomever was a moment to cherish? Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment