Note: I used approximately this amount for three New York Strip steaks.
1. Kikkoman Soy Sauce-Place enough in a bowl to almost cover the meat you will place in the marinade. I'm usually using 1/4 plus cup but I LOVE me some soy sauce.
2. About 2 tbsp. of brown sugar-dark if possible
3. Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
4. 2 cloves freshly chopped garlic
5. Chopped green onions (if desired)
1. Mix all
2. Taste test to see if you want to add any more of the ingredients to your liking
3. Place meat in marinade and rub on top. Also, you can put this marinade in a plastic bag with the meat and place in the fridge for even more flavor.