Thursday, April 14, 2011

Steak Marinade

Hello, all! One night last summer, I was experimenting in the kitchen. I wanted to try to make a marinade that would work perfectly for all types of steaks. I threw this together, crossed my fingers, and prayed that it would work. At the time, I was cooking for my mom and boyfriend. They loved the way that our steaks turned out and they didn't even know I had created my own recipe. I love being adventurous in the kitchen! I think this recipe has a great balance of sweet and salty if I do say so myself. I hope that you can use this recipe and find it tasty for your next red meat dish. Maybe you will be inspired to try a marinade of your own. It's really hard to mess this one up!
Note: I used approximately this amount for three New York Strip steaks.
Ingredients:
1. Kikkoman Soy Sauce-Place enough in a bowl to almost cover the meat you will place in the marinade. I'm usually using 1/4 plus cup but I LOVE me some soy sauce.
2. About 2 tbsp. of brown sugar-dark if possible
3. Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste
4. 2 cloves freshly chopped garlic
5. Chopped green onions (if desired)
Directions:
1. Mix all
2. Taste test to see if you want to add any more of the ingredients to your liking
3. Place meat in marinade and rub on top. Also, you can put this marinade in a plastic bag with the meat and place in the fridge for even more flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment