Thursday, July 7, 2011

Our Inner Mary Poppins





"In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, and snap! The job's a game."
Can there really be any higher compliment than someone calling you Mary Poppins? By gracious, no! I've got the whole movie memorized, the soundtrack down pat, and I've seen the show on Broadway with tears in my eyes. Oh good heavens! As practically perfect as Mary Poppins is, she is a role model to me. I mean, how many women can successfully float through London with an umbrella, take care of two children, sing to the robin in his nest, win over men, and keep their lipstick practically perfect in every way? At some point, they have to take a spoonful of sugar, win the horse race, stay awake without closing their eyes and step in time all while being supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. If someone says, "Does anyone have any...?" I make sure to whip a whatever it is out of my oversized handbag that also doubles as my hat rack. Striving to be a little more Poppins-ish in our everyday lives could do us all a world of good. We can always go that extra mile to take care of ourselves and others. We can sing songs, bring sweets, and never be cross or rude. In short, don't forget to stop and feed the birds.

P.S. Check out this awesome Youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Za-V_lhwGg&NR=1
Images courtesy of: starpulse.com and ticketex.com
Video: Pogo on Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment