I found a recipe for Cocoa Roasted Almonds on Pinterest. They only had a couple of ingredients, so I decided to give them a try about 10:30 last night. The perfect late night snack for the Olympics! I doubled the recipe, and it worked well. I hope all of you have a great Friday! Here's how:
1 cup plain almonds (I buy the big jars of the Target brand, they are the best I've found)
1 tbsp. maple syrup
2-3 tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tbsp flour
dash of salt (my own addition to bring out the flavor)
1. Mix almonds and syrup together with wooden spoon to coat.
2. Add flour and cocoa powder and coat.
3. Throw in salt
4. Mix all well and pour on baking sheet
5. Bake at 275, recipe called for 25 minutes, but I only did 20.
6. Allow to cool, as eating them out of the oven is a bad idea!!!!
Here's the website, too: http://cleaneatingchelsey.com/2010/11/03/cocoa-roasted-almonds/