Friday, February 24, 2012

Stewed Okra and Tomatoes

Holy moly! This is an age old tradition in my family. We love this dish. I made it Wednesday night for dinner and about had a come apart when I realized I'd never blogged it! What in the world is wrong with me! If you love okra, tomatoes, and onions, this is for you. If you don't, this is for you. Super simple, super fun, super-de-dooper, indeed.
Ingredients:
1 bag frozen chopped okra or 1 1/2 lb. fresh chopped (my preference)
2 cans Hunt's Diced Tomatoes or 1 large can
1 large onion chopped finely
1 tbsp. flour
1/2 cup Splenda
Few pinches of salt
Drizzle of olive oil

Directions:
1.) In a medium size pot, drizzle olive oil and allow to heat to medium.
2.) Sautee onion in pot for a few minutes.
3.) Add okra and sautee for a few minutes.
4.) Pour tomatoes on top and bring to medium boil.
5.) Add flour, splenda, and few sprinkles of salt all to taste.
6.) Serve hot. I often eat this as an entire meal. It is a Weight Watchers Recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment