Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Two Foodie Finds

I've found two great places to shop local in Huntsville. Try something new for a change, you won't be disappointed! Who doesn't love small business AND fresh ingredients, too!?!?! GO LOCAL OR DON'T GO!

1. European Market:
This little hideaway is located very close to Parkway Place mall. It is right across the street from the Ethan Allen furniture store. The market has all types of German food. Literally, I thought I was in Epcot at first sight. There are so many neat things here! I bought some vanilla sugar for $.99 and it smells divine. I cannot wait to use it for a cake or cookies. When I do, you'll be hearing from me. Also, I bought some German Crystal Light, the best way I can think to describe it. For $3.21 total, I've got two new surprises! When I got to the register, I noticed they have fresh bread and pretzels everyday. Yes, please. Next time, I'll be back very early in the a.m. for some of those! Please visit here if you can!
HERE FOR WEBSITE

2. Ayer's Farmer's Market:
I love this sweet find! It is also on Memorial Parkway just a few minutes past Parkway Place mall (mall on right store on the right). This sweet little lady runs the store and she clearly loves her job. I am local ALL the way. If I drive by a place like this, you better believe I am turning right around. I bought okra, green tomatoes, and cherry tomatoes for a vegetable dinner. Who knew vegetables like this existed in February? I am in love! I will be back to this place again and again, a new love for sure. I can't even begin to think of what these people will come up with in the summer and fall! Please visit here, too!
HERE FOR WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment