Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Banana Toffee Chocolate Chip Muffins


Hello, all! Thank for your sweet response to the muffins. I'm here to share the recipe. All morning I've been trying to think of an original name for these, but I'm stumped. Sometimes, I get nervous when creating new recipes, but I have to channel my inner Julia Child, "Don't be afraid!" However, I know it is just part of cooking in general! What's the worst that will happen? I would recommend placing these in a regular muffin tin, which I do not currently have on hand. If you need to improvise, use a baking sheet, they'll turn out alright!

Ingredients/Needs:
4 BLACK bananas. These need to be very ripe. The more ripe, the better the banana flavor. Make sure they are not so ripe that there are black spots on the banana itself, this is mold.
1/3 cup melted butter
1 egg beaten
1 tsp plus extra dash vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
pinch kosher salt
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup mini toffee chips (Heath is best)
mini chocolate chips (You can place half toffee and half chocolate chip, all chocolate chip, whatever combination you want really, you can't mess it up)
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350; prepare muffin liners and tin.
2. Mix melted butter and bananas together.
3. Mix sugars, egg, baking soda, salt together in separate small bowl. It will make a paste that looks like carmel sauce.
4. Mix two bowls together.
5. Add flour and mix until just incorporated.
6. Mix in sweets, whatever way you like it.
7. Pour in muffin cups. I use a rounded ice cream scoop so all are the same size.
8. Bake until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on cooling rack. Mine yielded about eighteen muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment