Friday, November 30, 2012

Every Man's Home Needs a Live Door Swag





Hello? What man doesn't love a live Christmas door decoration? I've been dying to do a live door swag for as long as I can remember. Got a front door, couldn't resist. I love the natural and simple Christmas palette. This seemed just the thing for a manly man, accompanied with the bird door mat, almost too chic to handle.

Billy, precious Billy bought me the greenery at Home Depot. We chose the live rosemary trees instead of cypress because they can also be used for Christmas dinner! I filled in with sticks from the yard and velvet ribbon from Hobby Lobby. I used metal wire to wrap the garland together. Also, I wrapped the trees with Dollar Tree craft paper and taped on more of the ribbon. Spritz the live garland for longer last, if you too are planning to get your swag on this Christmas.

For the wreath, I bought a wood base at Hobby Lobby. I took more greenery and wired it on top of the wood. I taped the ribbon to the inside of the door, no wreath hanger needed. Simple, rustic, and inexpensive. Wishing you a great holiday season and wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment