Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fiesta Roasted Corn Dip


Lately, I've been having trouble with food. Since my surgery, I cannot get back on my regular diet. I eat fruits, veggies, cheese, and bread. That's about it. Not the worst thing in the world, as its been a great diet! I've been exploring recipes to try to mix up my choices. The truth is, I have to get in the mood to eat something. If I want food, I want it. If I don't, I don't. It's a weird way to live. I know things will get better, but if you know me, you know I can normally pack in some food! One recipe that has been wonderful is this Fiesta Corn Dip. I've gotten used to modifying recipes, at least for now. I toned down the spice in this one. I think this recipe is GREAT for football parties, especially! Roll Tide Roll! I have enjoyed it so much. Dr. K and Billy loved it, too!

Ingredients:
6 ears of corn (Sam's has THE best)
1 large can black beans rinsed and drain
1 bell pepper chopped (I used orange)
1 bunch green onions chopped
1/2 large onion chopped (depending on how much onion you like)
Large spoonful of light sour cream
1 block 1/3 fat Philly cream cheese
2 heads fresh chopped garlic
dash of cumin
S and P

Recipe Note: I aimed for a more veggie than cream cheese/sour cream ratio.


Directions:
1. Rub corn with olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast in oven on 400 until golden. Allow cream cheese to soften in large bowl while corn is cooking. Chop veggies now, too.
2. Cut corn off cob with knife, carefully!
3. Mix all ingredients above, no need to wait for corn to be cold. Once its warm to the touch is fine. Modify ingredients and spices as you wish. Some people might not like the more mild I-just-had-my-gallbladder-removed-version.
4. At first, I worried that this dip would wind up soggy the next day, but it didn't happen. Mark this down as a convenient make before guests arrive dish. I like mine chilled. When I can stand the pain of a fried item, I love Tostitos Lime chips. Holy moly, THE best. Otherwise, baked Tostitos just have to do. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment