Monday, September 10, 2012

Rit Makes All Things New



Do you have a garment or home item that has somehow been ruined? Solution? Rit dye. I am obsessed with this stuff and I want to use it all the time. A friend let me in on it and I am so thankful. You can get it at a lot of typical stores, but Hobby Lobby has it with a 40% off coupon that can be printed off their site. This rounds out your total to $1.50. I dyed two pillowcases and this sweatshirt the perfect shade of light teal. Plus, had I needed it, I plenty left over for other projects. Make note: time to ruin more things.
You can follow the package directions to suit your needs. I used the hot water method in the tall pot. You also need to add a little bit of dish soap and salt, as the package says. This is too easy, too simple, too fun, and too cheap not to try. I'm a dye hard fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment