Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Belle that Beats the Heat




I might be the most hot-natured and as much as I hate to say it sweaty people out there. I can walk down the three flights of stairs to my car and I look like I've run a half-marathon. Some people probably think I've been gallivanting across the prairie in a John Wayne movie when I've really spent the last thirty minutes embalming myself with beauty products. It is out of control. I want to be that glowing woman who doesn't look dragged by the overpowering druthers of the summer months. I want to look like Scarlet O'Hara, beating that southern heat while appearing as fresh as a new flower. How can that girl go to Twelve Oaks for a BBQ, sit outside in a hoop skirt and bloomers, have droves of men doting all over her, and never sweat a drop? I tell you, she was using these products. I'm in the war on humidity, and these products prove quite the company.
From top to bottom, here we go:
1.) Pacifica Roll On Perfume in Tahitian Gardenia: This goes everywhere with me. It is convenient, refreshing, and an affordable "perfume" choice. When I work, I have it in my back pocket. $12.00 Sephora or Pacifica.com
2.) Noir Tease, Victoria's Secret: When I wear this, people ask me what it is. They cannot believe it is Victoria's Secret. Well, the cat may be out of the bag, but this spray is staying put in mine. Get some, it is the stuff. $10.00, at that.
3.) Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen: Nothing makes you feel worse than sweat and sunscreen combined. After you get out of the shower from a long workout, you feel like you've already dropped ten pounds. I'm a little biased because I'm obsessed with the smell of sunscreen. However, this is lightweight, lasting, dry, and Dr.K approved. $7 or $8 available almost everywhere.
4.) Cover Girl Remarkable Washable Waterproof Mascara: My eyes love the raccoon look during the drowning days. It's like heat makes them say, "We'll show you." Mascara needs to hold in the heat, and for me, this does the trick. It washes off well with a make-up remover. I'm hooked and love the price. $6.00, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.
5.) Ban: Last but not least, I would buy stock in this deodorant. I would buy the company should they ever go out of business. I would buy it for gifts if it weren't insulting. I don't want to be the old granny on the front porch saying to my granddaughter, "Well, baby, back when I was a girl, we used to have this Ban deodorant. Lord have mercy, that stuff kept this southern belle as wispy as a cloud." This cannot ever be the Prell of the past. I will have a come apart. All of the scents are amazing. I roll it on, give it a couple of minutes to dry, and that's it for the day. It doesn't cake on my clothes. It washes out of my clothes without residue or stains. It does what it says it will do.

And to that folks, I say, "Amen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment