Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Chicken Spaghetti





I got hungry for dinner and had to have Chicken Spaghetti. With two recipes to consider, one from The Pioneer Woman, the other from a family friend. Upon opening my pantry, I realized I had ingredients to make some of both recipes, but not one of all. So, what am I to do but make up my own and attempt the best of both worlds?
Here we go:
1 lb. spaghetti noodles, I use Ronco
2 cans Rotel Tomatoes
1/2 cup light sour cream
Sharp Cheddar
2 to 3 large chicken breasts
s and p
1 small onion chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 bell pepper chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Skim Milk

Directions:
1. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to boiling water. Add chicken and boil. Normally I do bake chicken, but this time, you need the flavored water.
2.) While chicken is cooking, chop pepper, garlic and onion. Sautee for a few minutes to combine flavors. Add all to large bowl. Mix together soup, veggies, one can rotel minus juice, one can rotel with juice, sour cream, and as much cheese as you please. Taste and add s and p if needed.
3.) When chicken is finished, remove to cool. Dump spaghetti noodles into same boiling water and cook leaving underdone. Drain pasta.
4.) In same pot, add noodles, chicken, soup mixture, stir, cover with lid and allow to combine on low. Noodles will finish cooking and cheese will melt. Add a little bit of milk if too thick.
5.) Chicken spaghetti, get in my belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment