Monday, May 7, 2012

The Matchstick Pant

I'm sure many men will be happy to hear that the fitted cropped matchstick pant is a huge trend for spring and summer. These pants are a little different than a capri. They have a snug fit like a skinny jean and are cropped off mid-calf. Other names include, pencil pant, kicker, and even the Martha Stewart pant. They come in a variety of colors and suit almost any occasion. Hello? How's a black pair of these with some heels, bling, flashy shirt, and clutch? You are ready for your next night wedding. You can wear this trend, I promise. No you're not too big, too this or too that. You don't have to be a size 00 to feel pretty in these pushers and the good Lord knows I'm far from that size. If you are self-conscious about the fit over certain regions, just put on a long tunic or a lightweight cardigan and you're done. I've tried on plenty of these so I could blog about it. Each time, I've had to go up a size due to the snug fit. I've seen these in plenty of stores in all colors, prices, and sizes. My favorite thing about these pants is the tight fit on the calf. Rather than cut your leg line off like a wide leg capri, these look elongated especially with wedges. If you still want to pull of this trend and don't want to pay, take a pair of your skinniest fitting jeans and grab your iron and your starch. Roll up the cuffs tightly, starch, press, and work it girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment