Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Denim Darlings

"Denim has always been an everyday symbol for style." 
--Ritu Kumar 

Denim is such a classic wardrobe staple. I love jeans, but today I'm talking about the denim shirt. This is my shirt cycle: I buy one, wear it until it has holes, then buy another one. These go year round with anything and everything. My favorite and longest lasting ones are J.Crew Outlet Chambray. They look great on any person at any age with any skin color. There are SO many ways to wear them. I love to tie the unbuttoned ends in knots and make it a cardigan, tie it in the middle like a popover, or belt it with something underneath. When I look back at old photos, I am attracted to the fashion, how did you guess? The ones that stand the test of time are, guess what? I wish I had all the vintage pieces I've seen in family photos. They are amazing. If you hate the dread of, "What will I wear today," think how easily your problems are solved with this one shirt. Pant, shirt, done. Own one, own fifty, I won't judge. If someone asks me, "Can I wear denim with this?" My answer is always a resounding, "YES!" The versatility is endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment