Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Retro Recipe Revival



I love old cookbooks. I've been lucky enough to inherit some of these well used gems from family, friends and so on. Old recipes cook up just as good as the new ones. Sometimes, they're simplicity makes them even more worthwhile. Tonight I tried out an old new recipe, Mexican Casserole. How cute to have a dinner straight from the good ole' days! Billy and I both loved it. Enjoy! 
Ingredients: 
1 lb. lean hamburger
1 can black beans 
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can mild Ro-tel tomatoes
1 medium onion chopped
7-8 flour tortillas
cheese

Directions:
1.) Cook meat until brown and drain.
2.) Place in 9 by 13 dish, add one can of soup. Mix around.
3.) Add beans and onion, tortillas to cover, and cheese. 
4.) On top of cheese, add drained tomatoes, other soup, rest of tortillas, and cheese.
5.) Bake at 350, mine took 35 minutes. I guess ovens might work faster these days? 

It's as simple and as lovely as that. I had homemade guacamole as our side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment