Monday, June 25, 2012

Illumination

Bronzer


Illuminator
Illuminating Powder
Translucent Oil-Control Powder



I wear foundation and powder everyday. Oh, wait, did I forget to mention the summer days that are 111 degrees? I'm sorry Mr. Sun, I love you but sometimes you are much too pushy. Think of the days where it is so hot in the south that my makeup is melting off my face? Do you have to do this to me? Heaven help us. Last night, as I was preparing to go out to Billy's baseball game, I felt that old summer routine come to fruition. Shorts, breezy top, stand at mirror, find out how high I can get my hair off my forehead and neck, and try not to have a hot flash while putting on my lipstick. I can't lie, I want to be a cute fan for him, but what am I to do in the heat? It was so hot humidity was forming on my cellphone! People, please! I have searched high and low for some makeup options in the heat, as I mention some good heat beaters in my previous post. I just can't do foundation and powder and this and that when I'm hotter than a pig at a July barbecue. Not long after I wrote the post just mentioned, I stumbled upon the world of illumination. How do I find these things, you ask? I'm reading makeup blogs when I get off work at 11 p.m.,or clicking Pinterest pictures, free advice, lovely. I'm head over heels for Nars Copacabana Illuminator. It gives a healthy glow, is drying in the heat, and has a no orange (Hallelujah)! I do not know how I ever lived without it. I swipe it on my face with my waterproof mascara and I am ready for him to take me out to the ballgame.

If you look hard enough, you'll find that makeup trends start at high end brands and make their way down to the lesser expensive ones. Sometimes, they're even made by the same companies. Like off brand at the grocery store, which I'm also crazy about! These illuminator/bronzer products have quality at a variety of price ranges. You can buy anything from $2 to $52, whatever suits your fancy. Yet, since you're using it so sparingly in the heat, you'll likely find that lower price doesn't mean a quality sacrifice as much as it sometimes does with things like flaky $1.00 mascara. I'm into deals on makeup, too. I use coupons, or sales through emails to get good deals on the more expensive products out there. I may or may not sacrifice Oreo's in my grocery budget if I really want that nude lip liner. Even if I buy a product and don't love it, I find a way to use it. (Bronzer hate? It's an eyeshadow)

Please be careful with bronzer, you don't need to look like an Indian chief. Pick a more fair shade than you think you need and put it on with a powder brush, no sponge. If bronzer is not your thing, use a translucent powder, no tint. This will also help dry your face when foundation is too much. I hope you've learned a little something from my research. Stay hydrated, glowing, and don't sacrifice your beauty even in sweltering circumstances!

No comments:

Post a Comment