Monday, March 26, 2012

REAL Cake and REAL Cupcake Liners





Last Friday afternoon, I made these REAL strawberry cupcakes for a birthday party. Since I started from scratch, the recipe wasn't the normal strawberry cake (pink-which is still fab). This recipe has no gelatin, pudding, cake mix, etc. Thus, curiosity got the best of me and I had to give it a try. The final product looked more like muffins. The RECIPE is from the famous Sprinkles Cupcakes. I did add five drops of red food coloring, but they still turned out brown. Personally, I loved how fresh they were. The color threw me off at first, but the taste made up for it. I also used a different cream cheese RECIPE called a Crusting Cream Cheese. I loved it, too, party because I like the ring of Crusting Cream Cheese. It was stiff enough to spread over my little cakes and did not run in the heat. Thank the Lord! How in the world I forgot to get a picture of the cupcakes at the party, I'll never know!
One last thing, THE BEST and I mean THE BEST cupcake liners you will ever buy are called Cupcake Creations. You can get them at TJ Maxx, Marshall's or Tuesday Morning. They are in a clear box and usually 36 for $3.00. They are not greasy, whatsoever. They hold their shape and leave only a few crumbles on the paper. Please start using these, they are SO worth it.
I've tried two new recipes for your enjoyment. Now, while strawberries are super cheap, go make some fresh cake! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment