Friday, March 16, 2012

The White Couch


I. Had. To. Have. This. Sofa.

I bought this sofa during a President's Day sample sale at Pottery Barn. Man, oh, man, it is everything I ever dreamed it would be. I've looked far and wide for a slip-covered sofa. I thought about buying an old one and fixing it up. I shopped thrift stores and antique stores until my legs broke off. When this holiday rolled around however, the timing and price were right. Looking at how absolutely huge it is, I can't believe how inexpensive it was. Yes, really, really, literally, inexpensive. This sweet baby is 100% white cotton canvas, Made in America, and fabulously two couches in one. It can be an L shaped sectional or a standard straight length. Since I didn't buy furniture to "fit" the apartment, the L shaped is too large for my den. So, the standard straight it is. The knife edge is functioning as a corner chair. If you saw my last apartment, you've probably guessed that I'm already busy making a huge wall collage above this very couch. A blog on it is coming soon.
While people have been asking me what type of furniture I'm getting/have, the white couch love spills out of my mouth faster than I can take my next breath. I've heard, "no pets or kids" spoken many a time. It doesn't bother me that it's white. If a stain gets on it, all I have to do is unzip that section and throw it in the washer. This is a HUGE perk to me. I can "clean" the couch anytime I want. Sleek, refreshing, and shabby chic, this was the perfect couch choice for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment