Monday, March 12, 2012

Simply Soothing

"Kind to Skin?" Yes sir.


I love moisturizers. They are a must for men and women no matter what age or what skin type. I have keratosis pilaris on my face and arms. Basically, it is constant goose bumps on both of those places. It is a genetic problem, so, unlikely to ever be "cured." When I get hot or when I cry, my face gets very red. Over the years, this bothered me A LOT. I've tried everything to settle it down because the redness would be quite noticeable. It was hard for me to wear make-up without looking like a white sheet cake, almost impossible to find a good blush, you get the picture. So far, I haven't found any magical treatment except lots and lots of moisture. I am extremely religious about this. If I lay it on thick, I can tell a difference throughout the day. The more moisture I use, the softer my face feels. The more moisture I use as I age, the more it improves. If I haven't lathered up before bed or before make-up, whoa unto me.

Usually, I try a new brand every time I run out. From thick to thin, I like to experiment. I particularly enjoy Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream, Sephora Brand Age Defy Moisture Cream, Neutrogena Oil-Free, and my newest fave, Simple Light Hydrating. I've gotten my money's worth out of each of these at all price ranges (from $10 $30). The truth is, moisturizing is something many overlook. You brush your teeth twice a day, right? Yes, please. Don't you need to give the same care to your skin? Yes, please. Like I always say, get on the bandwagon. Your face and I will thank you.

P.S. Target currently has a $1.00 off Simple coupon. Just go HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment